Location: Vance - AL
The Payroll Coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing and payment of payroll to all employees weekly by compiling payroll information, managing payroll preparation from inception to completion, checking for accuracy and completeness, completing necessary reports, and maintaining records. Payroll Coordinator must have proven experience with Kronos time-keeping system and software, also Avionte software experience would be a plus. Payroll Coordinator works with third-party payroll service.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Performs well with high-volume payroll, and has strong experience with shift work parameters that affects payroll
- Possessing strong communication, organization skills, attention to detail, problem solving skills, and the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Possessing strong math skills, and MS Excel, Access and Word knowledge
- Accurately process payroll on a weekly basis using Kronos, as well as manually calculating timesheets for regular and overtime when necessary
- Weekly calculate, verify, and enter vacation pay, holiday pay, shift differential pay, over-time exception-pay for individual employees.
- Data enter a variety of recurring or on- time payroll deductions, 401(k) and loan payment, health plans, transportation dues, etc.
- Assisting employees with errors, off-cycle payroll needs
- Operating Avionte computer software to record, store, and analyze information
- Assisting with employee communication of late or incomplete timesheets
- Maintaining payroll database which may include new hires, terminations, and other employee payroll changes
- Complying with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of FMLA, emergency leave, and other type leave programs, income and medical support withholding orders
- Providing a high level of customer services by answering employee and client questions regarding payroll
- Retaining proper documentation for auditing purposes
- Ability to grow in position, and accept new duties
Working knowledge of payroll policies and procedures. Skills in use of modern office equipment, professional appearance and demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills, college degree or equivalent work experience, strong math skills, proficient in MS Office Suite, Kronos, Avionte (not required, but a plus), must possess a sense of urgency in completing tasks, and be detail oriented, must be able to work at a fast pace and multi-task, meet deadlines and work well as a team member.
HOW TO APPLY
to email us your resume and contact information.
Back to List