Location: Vance - Alabama (Tuscaloosa Area)
Under guidelines set by NAOS policy, the On-Site Manager will recruit, hire and manage contingent workforce at Client locations. Ensures that client has adequate number of contingent workers and ensures that all job orders are filled in a timely manner with qualified individuals. Maintains relationship and open communication with CLIENT Leadership Team to ensure client satisfaction. Administers positive coaching, disciplinary action, terminations and all human resource functions associated with contingent workforce management. Provides reports and feedback to CLIENT and NAOS management teams.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides proactive on-site management:
Performs applicant screening to ensure appropriate placements:
- Ensures constant recruiting efforts through multiple recruiting channels including local labor departments, colleges, technical colleges, high schools, job fairs and advertisements and online sources.
- Attends weekly staffing meetings with CLIENT team to discuss current staffing needs, training progress of current employees, and identify areas for improvement.
- Facilitates communication with all managers and floor supervisors regarding current employees.
- Aides in forecasting departmental staffing needs.
- Monitors progress and attendance of contingent workforce and administers coaching as needed.
Verifies employee time sheets, processes payroll and distributes paychecks weekly.
Performs accident investigations and works with CLIENT Risk Management Team to manage workers' compensation claims. Provides recommendations for minimizing future incidents.
Provides feedback and daily, monthly, weekly and quarterly reports to CLIENT and NAOS management teams.
Facilitates programs to minimize turnover.7) Introduces new and innovative programs.
- Maintains applicant flow logs and ensures proper entry of all applicants and skill codes into employee database software.
- Conducts standardized interviews according to CLIENT requirements.
- Administers job-specific skills testing.
- Performs reference checks and facilitates criminal background checks and drug and alcohol screening.
- Provides plant tour, introduction to CLIENT supervisor(s), and job demonstration prior to acceptance of job offer in accordance with CLIENT policy.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of all CLIENT positions to ensure appropriate employee-to-job matches.
Educational and other requirements:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- At least two years previous Supervisor, Management, Staffing, and/or Human Resource experience required.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the problem-solving/interpersonal skills and drive necessary to provide the highest level of service to CLIENT.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should click on the link below. You will be delivered to the NAOS online application site. NOTE: Please use a computer to fill out the application. Smartphones & tablets are not supported. Please remember to fill out each tab with as much information as possible.
Click here to apply for this position.
NOTE that you will not receive a confirmation message once your application is submitted.
PLEASE ONLY HIT THE 'SUBMIT' BUTTON ONCE!
Back to List